Van der Valk Hotel Haarlem is a four-star hotel in full development. After our major renovation, the hotel has 315 rooms and suites, 20 meeting rooms and a new restaurant with more than 378 seats. We are looking for a facility worker who......
FACILITY EMPLOYEE PART-TIME M/F
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Guiding and assisting guests in the hotel
- Providing service to guests in the event of theft (also outside the hotel) or loss of valuable goods, credit cards, etc. and engaging and reporting to authorities
- Helping guests with (technical) calamities in the hotel room, such as a defective television
- Escorting guests in emergencies
- Surveillance of areas and walking rounds, checking for irregularities;
- Taking appropriate measures, such as removing unwanted persons;
- Acting in case of calamities, applying first aid; if necessary, warn internal/external officials and/or authorities in accordance with regulations/emergency plan;
- Maintaining order and tranquility in the hotel and the associated plots. Observing safety-threatening situations and irregularities such as unwanted visitors, vandalism, aggressive behavior, inappropriate visitors and removing such a situation through adequate action and attitude
- Surveillance on a regular basis and at irregular times by the hotel and associated plots. Identifying, reporting and solving problems, (technical) malfunctions and calamities in any form to the best of your ability
- Theft Prevention and Treatment
- Carrying out checks on personnel at the personnel entrance and exit
- Handling suspicions about theft by employees, random checks of bags, etc. (visitation), making internal inquiries, collecting evidence and reporting on this
- Minimum MBO work and thinking level
- BHV diploma is an advantage, otherwise you can follow a course with us for free
- You have a flexible attitude and you do not have a 9 to 5 mentality
- You master the Dutch and English language
- Representative, stress-resistant and service-oriented
- Live within a radius of 30 km from the hotel
What do we offer?
A responsible job in a dynamic working environment within an enthusiastic team. We provide a stage where there is plenty of room for coaching, self-development, initiative and independence. In addition to atmosphere, collegiality and a professional working environment, we offer:
- Salary in accordance with the catering CAO
- Group discount at VGZ and CZ (healthcare) insurers
- Training and education opportunities
- Staff discounts at other Van der Valk hotels in the Netherlands and abroad
- Staff discount at our house banker ABN AMRO Bank on Mortgages and insurance
Are you interested in this position?
Then we would like to receive your motivation with CV! You can respond via our Application form.