If you are looking for a challenging job in a brand new kitchen, we are looking for you!
From carpaccio and schnitzel to tuna tataki and tournedos. At Van der Valk you can prepare both the old familiar and the luxurious dishes. Every week, large numbers of guests come to eat in the à la carte restaurant and in our renovated meeting rooms. Working with us means being genuinely engaged in your profession, having room for your own creativity and development and working in a friendly team!
As an independent cook, you ensure the perfect preparation and beautiful finish of the dishes at the various parts. You do this by:
- Think along with the development of the menu
- Keep work area, tools, and machines clean and tidy
- Be well prepared every day
- Have fun at work
We would like to welcome you to the catering family in the Netherlands! Hospitality, perseverance, feeling at home, learning from mistakes and enjoying your work. That's what it's all about for us. Van der Valk Hotel Haarlem is a four-star hotel in full development. Our hotel has 315 rooms and suites, a new restaurant, a beautiful terrace and, last but not least, a state-of-the-art, new kitchen. In this brand new kitchen you work together with a large team of chefs. Our à la carte restaurant has more than 378 seats, so you will never be bored!
- You are creative enough to come up with new dishes
- You have an eye for detail
- You are physically fit and can keep the peace during busy peak times
- You have a completed cook level 3 training or similar experience
- Working in a modern large kitchen makes you happy!
Everything is possible, if you want. And we want you! So we offer:
- An appropriate salary
- 152 hours per 4 weeks (FT) year contract!
- 25 vacation days.
- Training opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Stay overnight at all Valk Exclusive hotels for € 65
- Nice-to-have extras: discount on your sports subscription, discount on your health insurance, staff outings and a staff party every year.
Come join the family…
Will you be our new colleague? Introduce yourself to us by applying now!
Are you interested in this position?
Then we would like to receive your motivation with CV! You can apply via our Online Application Form. For questions and more information about the position of a self-employed cook, please contact Mr. Gerard Spanjaard (Chef-Cook) at number 023-5367500.